From our Leadership Chairperson, Laura McPeek:
When we celebrate Pentecost, we remember that the Holy Spirit gives us power to be witnesses for Christ wherever we are (Acts 1:8). Even though the Emmaus Community hasn’t gathered together for a long time, I know you all have continued to be the hands and feet of Christ in the world. Now, we have an opportunity to come together in prayer for our Emmaus Community.
We invite you to sign up now to be a Prayer Warrior for our Community beginning on Pentecost (May 23). There will be 7 slots available per day, for a period of 40 days. When you sign up for a particular day, you are committing to pray for the Community sometime during that day. There is no set time or duration for your prayers; pray as you are led by the Spirit.
Here are some ideas for your time of prayer:
- Pray for the mission of Emmaus (renewing Christian disciples, strengthening local churches)
- Pray for the strengthening and renewal of our Emmaus Community
- Pray for the leadership of the Community, present and future
- Pray for our Spiritual Directors Pray for guidance as we seek to resume the Walk to Emmaus
- Pray for future pilgrims
- Pray for future live-in teams Pray for our churches and pastors
- Pray for God’s guidance as you consider how you can serve in the Community
- Pray for your share group members and others in the Community
- Pray that God will continue to use this Emmaus Community for His work in the world
Click on this link to sign up to pray (SignupGenius): Pentecost Prayers for the Community
Thank you for being Christ in the world!
De Colores --
The Board of the New-Ark Area Emmaus Community
Laura McPeek, Leadership Chairperson